Press Apply by Email below and attach your
resume to the email to apply for an open position.
We will respond within 2-3 business days.
Enrichment Service Coordinator, Norristown, PA
MJ Housing & Services
Enrichment Service Coordinator – Job Description
MJ Housing & Services is a national social services provider. This job description outlines the responsibilities and qualifications of the full-time (40 hours per week) Enrichment Service Coordinator at 4 properties in Norristown, Feasterville, and Morrisville, Pennsylvania. Primary responsibilities are services coordination, advocacy, and providing self-sufficiency programs and resources to adult and residents. Furthermore, the Enrichment Service Coordinator will be responsible for organizing and leading youth and family services, educational classes, and community events to youth and adult residents alike.
1. Provide intake, assessment, on-going case management to link residents to resources in the community that promote self-sufficiency.
2. Develop and implement individual service plans for each resident who receives ongoing case management and track progress to ensure that residents receiving services are working towards achieving their predetermined goals.
3. Provide and/ or coordinate age appropriate educational sessions for residents about resources available to them within the broader community.
4. Coordinate or develop services that promote life skills/management: parenting skills/ classes, money management, financial literacy, anger management, child safety, home ownership preparation, etc.
5. Monitor the ongoing services that are delivered to residents by community providers to assure that they are appropriate and that the resident is progressing.
6. Ability to coordinate outreach, organize, and manage volunteers and vendors as needed to expand site programs provided; including but not limited to: food distribution, job readiness, wellness, and other educational classes.
7. Assist residents in developing informal support networks with family, friends, and other residents.
8. Create and sustain partnerships with community based supportive service providers, hospitals, health agencies, service providers and other community stakeholders.
9. Prepares and submits all compliance and regulatory reports, as well as all required MJ Housing & Services internal monthly documents.
10. Maintain accurate, timely, and confidential documentation on all residents served and ensure that all resident files follow all compliance agencies and MJ Housing & Services requirements.
11. Work cooperatively and collaboratively with Supervisor and Quality Assurance staff to assure that program outcome measures are met.
12. Ability to plan, organize, and implement age appropriate activities and events that meet the developmental needs and interests of all youth and adult residents.
13. Attend all required training to ensure individual and professional growth.
14. Educate and work collaboratively with the property management team about the needs and services available for residents.
15. Be an active member of the site team, working collaboratively with the manager and other site staff to meet property needs and resolve resident problems.
OTHER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
1. A minimum of 3 years of experience in social service delivery. Any supervisory, management or case management experience is highly desirable.
2. Working knowledge of Federal, State and local laws and requirements as it relates to benefit programs. As well as non-governmental networks related to services, e.g. rental assistance authorities, IHSS, Meals-On-Wheels, disability counseling, Feeding America, etc.
3. Understanding of the physical, mental and social changes associated with low-income and diverse populations, including but not limited to: limited financial stability, limited household/ family stability, medication/substance abuse, fraud/violent crime awareness
and self-protection, etc.
4. Skills and strategies related to interpersonal communications, conflict resolution, problem-solving, cultural diversity, advocacy, teamwork, consensus building & group dynamics, decision-making and outreach.
5. Demonstrated ability to organize, keep accurate records, and obtain results for youth and adult residents.
6. Proven ability to work independently in an off-site location is desirable.
7. Computer literacy including Microsoft Office applications and familiarity with an online case management software (Family Metrics and AASC, is preferred).
8. Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings or weekends, as the position may require.
A Bachelor’s degree in social work or closely related field is required or equivalent work experience.
- Ability and willingness to assist with event set up and clean up.
- Ability to sit in a stationary position for long periods of time.
- Ability to deliver door-to-door communication for residents of a multi-floor apartment building.
- Ability to lift (up to 25 pounds), twist, bend, and carry in the office setting.
A valid Driver’s License and the daily use of a personal, reliable, insured vehicle is required.
MJ HOUSING & SERVICES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ENCOURAGED TO APPLY